Maritime Law – The Rights of Crew Members and Seamen
Crew Members and Seamen:
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! DEMAND YOUR RIGHTS!
If you work as a crew member or seaman in any type of ship, you have many rights and protections under American Law. You still have these rights even if you are not a citizen or resident of the United States. You still have these rights even if you signed an employment contract waiving them. You still have these rights if you were sent home because of an injury or work-related illness before you could take any legal action in the United States.
These are your rights as crew members and seamen:
- The right to work aboard a ship in good condition free of defects and dangerous conditions that could result in injuries or work-related sicknesses.
- The right to receive monetary compensation for any injury or work-related sickness you suffer if such injury or work-related sickness occurs while you are working on the ship or for the ship because of your employer’s fault or because of dangerous conditions aboard the ship or off the ship.
- The right to receive immediate and adequate medical treatment for any cruise ship injury, maritime injury, or work-related sickness that occurs while working on the ship or for the ship regardless of what may have caused your injury or work-related sickness.
- The right to receive maintenance. This means hotel and food if you are receiving medical treatment at a port or away from home. If you are receiving medical treatment at home, it means a monthly amount of money while you receive medical treatment.
- The right to hire a maritime lawyer that will protect your interests, not those of the company, and handle your maritime claims professionally in accordance with American Law.
- ACT NOW. Do not let the time you have to file your maritime claim run out. There is a time limit to file these maritime claims for accidents, injuries, and work-related sicknesses.
If you have any questions or doubts about your rights, please contact us for a free confidential consultation in person, by telephone, or E-mail.
Our Maritime Law Practice is dedicated to defending the rights of crew members and seamen and to fighting for the well-being of crew members and seamen.
REMEMBER. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE. WE DO NOT CHARGE FEES NOR COSTS UNTIL WE WIN YOUR CASE.
Your case truly deserves a free confidential consultation!